Who we are
The administrator of your personal data is Apelby GmbH ("Apelby"). We are a member of the Apelby Group and manage personnel operations, including the processing of personal data of employees and job seekers at Apelby, where you report.
Our head office is at Immermannstrasse 13, D-40210 Dusseldorf, Germany.
Personal information we collect about you
Apelby will process your personal information based on:
1. A legitimate business interest of Apelby: when applying for a position in Apelby, you provide us with your personal data and agree that we may use this information to assess your application, process it, decide on the suitability of the position and contact you during the recruitment process and filling the position.
2. Necessities for concluding a contract or for taking measures taken before concluding contracts: we may ask you to provide the personal data needed to conclude an employment contract for the position with Apelby that you are applying for.
3. Consent you provide: we can ask you to provide data voluntarily, you can revoke your consent at any time by editing the candidate's profile.
4. Compliance with legislation where certain data are necessary to meet legal or regulatory requirements.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when you express a general interest in employment or apply for a specific position at Apelby. Some of the information we collect about you is necessary for the assessment of your application and contact with you during its processing, such as your telephone number, e-mail address and CV. If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to review your application or contact you to invite you for an interview or make an offer.
We may also receive your data from recruitment agencies or from public Internet if you have made this data publicly available; for example, we can find your profile on LinkedIn and inform you about suitable positions.
Types of personal data
Examples of the types of personal information we may collect about you are:
1. Personal data, e.g. name, personal e-mail address, current address, telephone number;
2. Data obtained in the course of recruitment, e.g. application form (on our website and in paper form), curriculum vitae, interview notes from successful candidates, interview notes from unsuccessful candidates, video interviews, recommendations from a previous employer, psychometric test results;
3. Internal information about candidates, e.g. Apelby recommendations, interview notes, internal transfers or promotions, progress planning documents;
4. Identification data, e.g. proof of identity for verification purposes;
5. Authentication information, such as username and password for the recruitment portal;
We may also process your sensitive personal information - but only if it is absolutely necessary to assess your suitability for the position you are applying for.
• we may collect extracts from the criminal record
How we use your information
We may process the personal information we collect about you for the following purposes:
• When recruiting, the information you provide to us will be shared with Apelby, where you wish to work, so that we can review and process your application and perform any verifications required by local law. If you apply for more than one vacancy, your information will be shared with each Apelby company you apply in;
• Use of resources when filling positions: if you show a general interest in a professional career at Apelby, the data you provide will be stored with us and can be searched by people employed at Apelby when filling vacancies. If you apply for a specific vacancy but fail, we will retain the information you provide so that we can contact you in the future when filling a suitable vacancy, however, only if you give us your consent.
• Creating an employee record: if your job application is successfully processed, the information you provide during the application process will become part of your employee record and will be used to manage your job and your career at Apelby.
• Contacting you regarding other positions if we have received your consent.
• Analysis: we may use some of the personal information you provide for various reporting purposes, such as the type of applicants, the number of applications submitted to Apelby and related trends; your identity will not be identified in these messages.
• Screening: in certain circumstances, we will automatically decide on the suitability of your application based on certain criteria. For example, university graduates must have an excellent knowledge of English to qualify for a position in Apelby; we always notify you when we collect data for automated decisions.
Who we share your information with:
We may share your information with:
• other companies in the Apelby Group that will process your personal data exclusively and only for the purposes set out in the previous section;
• Third parties, such as recruitment agencies, test providers and others who help us fill vacancies and assess the suitability of candidates and process their applications. If we use third parties, Apelby will ensure that they meet the same standards of privacy and security as Apelby;
• law enforcement agencies, government agencies, regulatory authorities, courts or other public authorities where we are required or authorized to do so by law;
• by third parties or entities where such sharing is required to comply with any applicable law or legal or regulatory requirements.
When we process your data
In performing the above, we may be required to pass on your personal information to other companies in the Apelby Group or to third parties located (or whose servers may be located) in a country other than the one in which you are applying, including countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we send your personal data to a non-EEA country, we will ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that your personal data is adequately protected as required by applicable law, for example using standard agreements approved by competent authorities and requiring other appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information.
How long we keep your data
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary for the process of your job application. If you are successful, we will keep your data throughout your employment so that it is available in case you want to apply for another position within Apelby. If we are unable to offer you a job, we may retain your information for up to 2 years so that we can contact you in the future regarding positions that may be of interest to you, but only if we obtain your consent, which you can revoke at any time in your candidate profile.
Your information will be anonymized in accordance with our internal policies and these anonymous records will be kept to monitor the effectiveness of our recruitment and recruitment process. For example, we can create reports on the nationalities of candidates for various positions in Apelby over the last 12 months - you will not be able to identify yourself in these reports and you can revoke your consent at any time by updating your profile information.
- Your rights
a) Right to correct or update data: you have the right to correct the data we process about you if it is incorrect. If you need to update the information we process about you, or if you think it may be inaccurate, you can update the information in your candidate profile.
b) Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we process about you. You can request this copy here: hr%z%apelby.com;
c) Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Apelby on the basis of a legitimate interest, such as the use of your contact details to contact you with an offer of other positions in Apelby. If you would like to object to the processing, you can modify your application on your candidate profile, or you can object here: hr%z%apelby.com;
d) The right not to be the subject of automated decision-making: you have the right to demand human intervention;
e) Right of erasure: in certain circumstances, you have the right to request that we delete personal data that we hold about you. You can request the deletion of your data here: hr%z%apelby.com;
f) The right to restrict the use of your data: if you feel that your personal data which we hold is inaccurate or if you believe that we should not process your personal data, you may have the right to request that we restrict the processing of this data. You can request these restrictions here: hr%z%apelby.com;
g) Right to data portability: in certain circumstances, you will have the right to take the personal data you have provided to us. You can request a copy of your personal information here: hr%z%apelby.com
If we do not comply with any of the requests to exercise the above rights, we will inform you of the reason.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
We update this privacy statement from time to time, so we encourage you to periodically review it in our Careers section of our website.
- How to contact us
If you have further questions regarding this privacy statement or our processing your information, please contact hr%z%apelby.com.